To nobody’s surprise, the Arizona Diamondbacks’ debut of the Triple Play Sundae this weekend went well.
The $25 item that includes two pounds of ice cream, brownies and waffle cones served in a batter’s helmet went on sale at Chase Field as the D-backs won their opening series against the Los Angeles Dodgers, and people ate it up the best they could.
And guess what? Those people didn’t seem bothered by the intimidating size of the dessert that is marketed as a shareable treat.
For a size comparison, here is Luis Gonzalez holding the dessert in his mitt.
Giving us an objective foodie review is social media guru and baseball fan Lana Berry, who visited Arizona just in time to taste the newest addition to Chase Field’s glorious menu.
“It’s so good. Not only is it huge, it’s Cold Stone, so it’s really, really, really rich,” she said. “I feel like there isn’t really anything like this on the dessert side anywhere.”
The Triple Play Sundae even made it onto the Dodgers’ broadcast.
And if you dare make the sweet treat at home, here is how you might go about doing that.
- D-backs FA outfielder A.J. Pollock’s status, FA market remain at standstill
- D-backs acquire INF/OF Tim Locastro from Yankees
- D-backs’ Archie Bradley is either closing or tweeting about that song
- Reports: INF Wilmer Flores agrees to deal with Diamondbacks
- Diamondbacks release 2019 spring training radio, TV broadcast schedule