When the Arizona Cardinals open the preseason Friday at University of Phoenix Stadium, the Birdgang will have a few new savory food options to choose from.
Executive chef Sean Kavanaugh rolled out the menu items for Arizona Sports 98.7 FM’s Paige Dimakos this week, and there’s good news for Birdgang members in favor of, well, eating some bird.
The Wings of Honor concession location near Section 107 will feature a family chicken pack: fried chicken, a pound of fries, plus celery and carrots that should feed a family of four. Also available are wings, a chicken-and-waffles plate with maple syrup, a quite sizey turkey dog and a smoked turkey leg — the kind you’d find at the state fair.
The stand will also carry fried and grilled chicken sandwiches, Kavanaugh said.
Elsewhere, University of Phoenix will debut street tacos this year that were previously only available at the club level. The chicken and red chili beef options come along with pico de gallo, cotija cheese, rice and black beans.
After tasting all of the options, Dimakos concluded she had two favorites: street tacos and fried chicken.
- The Consensus Week 11: Hanging with KC doesn’t help Cardinals’ rankings
- Cardinals place OL Justin Pugh on IR for season, release S Eddie Pleasant
- Behind Enemy Lines: Two-win Cardinals host one-win Raiders
- Re-establishing David Johnson first step for Cardinals offense
- Cardinals’ Steve Wilks: Playing for draft pick is ‘loser’s mentality’