The Los Angeles Rams played their first preseason game Saturday, and set a new record for attendance at a preseason game when nearly 90,000 people showed up to welcome the team back to their city.
One person in the record crowd was NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who took to Twitter to thank the city of angels for a great first game back.
Unfortunately, Goodell tagged the wrong Twitter account.
The account tagged in that post is in fact not the Los Angeles Rams, but instead someone’s account who lives in India.
Goodell caught his mistake and tagged the right Rams account, and later owned up to the mistake by apologizing for presumably blowing up someone’s phone.
- The NFL draft is heading to Las Vegas for 2020, league says
- Doug & Wolf Week 15 NFL power poll: Bears claw into the rankings
- Arizona Sports NFL Power Rankings Week 15: Chiefs rise; Cards plummet
- Doug & Wolf Week 14 NFL power poll: Saints take hit with loss to Cowboys
- Arizona Sports NFL Power Rankings Week 14: Rams on top once again