The Arizona Diamondbacks announced that outfielder A.J. Pollock will join Triple-A Reno after spending time with Class A Advanced Visalia.
Pollock went 7-for-16 in six games during his time with Visalia, and also appeared in two games for the Diamondbacks’ rookie Arizona League team.
D-backs manager Chip Hale told reporters that Pollock will start seeing more playing time in the outfield during his time in Reno, and see how playing full nine inning games will feel like for him.
Steve Gilbert, D-backs beat writer for MLB.com, reports that the team could activate him in about a week if all goes well in Reno.
- Change in D-backs rotation allows Greinke to start final game if needed
- Gov. Doug Ducey talks Bradford-Rosen debate, stadiums and Arizona sports
- Diamondbacks hang on to slim playoff hopes with win
- D-backs starters benched, but offense comes through in win
- D-backs offense missing key players explodes against Cubs