Notre Dame defensive back Devin Butler was arrested after he was involved in a scuffle with police officers Saturday morning, and that’s big news for the No. 10-ranked team in the nation.
So as ESPN’s SportsCenter does, it reported on the incident. Anchor Zubin Mehenti read all the details, but apparently those working on SportsCenter’s set missed a key detail themselves.
They used a picture of Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker while airing the story of Butler’s arrest.
Booker wasn’t hot on his photo being mistakenly used.
Mehenti was forced to make an on-air correction.
“We all here at SportsCenter do sincerely apologize for that mistake,” he said later on.
Somebody in the SportsCenter production department probably got a stern talking-to, at the very least.
- Despite Phoenix owning No. 1 pick, Lakers overshadow Suns (again)
- Report: Former Pelicans assistant, ASU guard McMillan joining Suns’ staff
- Arizona Sports 2018 NBA Mock Draft Tracker
- Phoenix Suns hosting viewing party for 2018 NBA Draft
- Empire of the Suns NBA Mock Draft: Final predictions for draft week