Notre Dame defensive back Devin Butler was arrested after he was involved in a scuffle with police officers Saturday morning, and that’s big news for the No. 10-ranked team in the nation.
So as ESPN’s SportsCenter does, it reported on the incident. Anchor Zubin Mehenti read all the details, but apparently those working on SportsCenter’s set missed a key detail themselves.
They used a picture of Phoenix Suns guard Devin Booker while airing the story of Butler’s arrest.
Booker wasn’t hot on his photo being mistakenly used.
Mehenti was forced to make an on-air correction.
“We all here at SportsCenter do sincerely apologize for that mistake,” he said later on.
Somebody in the SportsCenter production department probably got a stern talking-to, at the very least.
- Suns recall big man Alan Williams from Northern Arizona
- NBA Draft Lottery odds tracker: Suns sniffing three first-round picks
- Suns assign Alan Williams to NAZ as he nears return from knee injury
- Phoenix Suns’ Alan Williams: ‘I just want to get out there and play’
- Devin Booker: We’ve been babied, we need to be humbled