Two Arizona Cardinals stars may want to think twice the next time they want to place a wager on a college football game.
Tyrann Mathieu and Patrick Peterson used Twitter to make bets on their LSU Tigers beating the Wisconsin Badgers. To do so, they found the most famous Badger product in the NFL, Houston Texans lineman J.J. Watt.
Bad news for them: Wisconsin upset the No. 5 Tigers, 16-14.
Peterson said he’d wear Wisconsin gear if the Badgers won while Mathieu went a more savage route. He bet Watt 100 pushups based on the results of the game, even though Watt was just activated Sunday after undergoing offseason back surgery.
Luckily for Watt’s recovering back, he didn’t have to stress about paying up. Instead, Mathieu posted a series of videos to Twitter showing he was a man of his word.
But as far as Peterson’s bet goes, we’re still waiting. Turns out he didn’t just have some red and white Badger gear ready to go after LSU was upset on Saturday.
- Arizona Cardinals head coach Steve Wilks: We got better this offseason
- 4 Cardinals on CBS Sports’ Top 100 players, none on PFF’s list
- Cardinals’ Peterson talks traveling around the world, Wilks’ new defense
- Trio of Cardinals land in top 30 of NFL Network’s Top 100 list
- ESPN: Cardinals RB David Johnson is a top storyline of the 2018 NFL season