Two Arizona Cardinals stars may want to think twice the next time they want to place a wager on a college football game.
Tyrann Mathieu and Patrick Peterson used Twitter to make bets on their LSU Tigers beating the Wisconsin Badgers. To do so, they found the most famous Badger product in the NFL, Houston Texans lineman J.J. Watt.
Bad news for them: Wisconsin upset the No. 5 Tigers, 16-14.
Peterson said he’d wear Wisconsin gear if the Badgers won while Mathieu went a more savage route. He bet Watt 100 pushups based on the results of the game, even though Watt was just activated Sunday after undergoing offseason back surgery.
Luckily for Watt’s recovering back, he didn’t have to stress about paying up. Instead, Mathieu posted a series of videos to Twitter showing he was a man of his word.
But as far as Peterson’s bet goes, we’re still waiting. Turns out he didn’t just have some red and white Badger gear ready to go after LSU was upset on Saturday.
- Cardinals’ Patrick Peterson sports Pat Tillman jersey before Lions game
- Former Cardinals CB Jamar Taylor expected to sign with the Broncos
- The Patrick Peterson saga in Arizona isn’t over
- Cardinals’ task gets even tougher against Packers’ Aaron Rodgers
- Peterson refutes Sanders’ belief CB wants out of Cardinals