Having a fit trying to find a song that will amp you up for the Arizona Cardinals’ season?
We have the thing for you.
Hall and Oates fans might remember the tune “Private Eyes,” and we here at Arizona Sports 98.7 FM turned to the talented Jordan Byrd and Jarrett Carlen to tweak the song — just a tad.
OK, so they entirely rewrote the lyrics for “Pat and Ty,” which is the unofficial anthem for the Cardinals’ 2016 season. The tune, if you couldn’t tell, celebrates Patrick Peterson and Tyrann Mathieu, leaders of the Cardinals’ “No Fly Zone” secondary.
This is objectively a better song than the original.
The music video is likewise an upgrade. Daryl Hall’s hair has got nothing on Byrd. And John Oates’ mustache compared to Carlen’s … well, mustaches are rarely good, so it’s a wash.
- Sporting News: Cardinals’ Wilks ranks among bottom half of NFL coaches
- The 5: Father-son sports duos and their ties to Arizona
- Cardinals’ Chase Edmonds plans to pay off sister’s student loans
- Cardinals sign WR Greg Little, release Cobi Hamilton
- Rosenthal’s NFL division power rankings: NFC West third-best