Von Miller and the Denver Broncos will kick off the 2016 NFL season in style. That is, if he’s approved to do so.
Miller tweeted a photo of exclusive Adidas Yeezy Boost 750 cleats that had been specially made for him, and now it’s to wondering if the NFL will allow him to use the Kanye West-designed shoes in game action on Thursday.
We’re a year removed from a controversy involving Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch, who had player-exclusive gold cleats but couldn’t wear them at the threat of being ejected from the game.
Now, if Adidas had concocted the shoes a while back and gotten the kicks NFL-approved, then Miller should be good to go. The New York Times reported that custom cleats must be approved nine months before they’re worn. We assume they thought this one out.
Miller can be the most fashionable man on the field for the Broncos’ showdown with the Carolina Panthers. Or he can keep the cleats spotless and unscuffed.
- Former Cardinals CB Jamar Taylor expected to sign with the Broncos
- Arizona Cardinals hit rock bottom in lopsided loss to Denver
- Rapid Reactions: Cardinals struggle on both sides of ball in loss to Denver
- Ricky Seals-Jones leaves game with injury in third quarter
- Picks, broken coverage put Cardinals in big hole at half vs. Broncos