Von Miller and the Denver Broncos will kick off the 2016 NFL season in style. That is, if he’s approved to do so.
Miller tweeted a photo of exclusive Adidas Yeezy Boost 750 cleats that had been specially made for him, and now it’s to wondering if the NFL will allow him to use the Kanye West-designed shoes in game action on Thursday.
We’re a year removed from a controversy involving Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch, who had player-exclusive gold cleats but couldn’t wear them at the threat of being ejected from the game.
Now, if Adidas had concocted the shoes a while back and gotten the kicks NFL-approved, then Miller should be good to go. The New York Times reported that custom cleats must be approved nine months before they’re worn. We assume they thought this one out.
Miller can be the most fashionable man on the field for the Broncos’ showdown with the Carolina Panthers. Or he can keep the cleats spotless and unscuffed.
- Report: Cardinals, three other teams finalists to land QB Kirk Cousins
- Steelers’ Le’Veon Bell surprises offensive line with Christmas gifts
- Cardinals trying to maintain place in NFC West pecking order
- Bryce Harper dons tribute to Jose Fernandez on All-Star Game cleats
- Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller thanks team employees at ceremony