The Arizona Wildcats (2-3) are plagued with injuries heading into their game against Utah (4-1) on Saturday, most notably on offense.
Arizona’s injury report revealed that starting quarterback Anu Solomon (knee) is listed as doubtful. Second-string quarterback Brandon Dawkins is listed as questionable with a rib injury.
Assuming neither quarterback is able to play, the Wildcats will have to go with freshman Khalil Tate, the 17-year-old out of Inglewood, Calif. The quarterback’s only appearance thus far has been against the UCLA Bruins in a 45-24 loss.
He passed for 72 yards and two touchdowns after taking over for the injured Dawkins. Tate was originally supposed to be redshirted.
Whoever is at the helm Saturday, they will have to do it with a banged-up offensive line.
Here are the rest of the injured Wildcats:
- Arizona quarterback Khalil Tate will not play Saturday against UCLA
- Pac-12 preseason media poll: Arizona picked fourth, ASU sixth
- AAU coach testifies to paying Deandre Ayton’s family friend $15,000
- Arizona Wildcats score improbable touchdown against California
- Agent offered $50,000 for basketball recruit to attend Arizona, dad testifies