The Arizona Wildcats (2-3) are plagued with injuries heading into their game against Utah (4-1) on Saturday, most notably on offense.
Arizona’s injury report revealed that starting quarterback Anu Solomon (knee) is listed as doubtful. Second-string quarterback Brandon Dawkins is listed as questionable with a rib injury.
Assuming neither quarterback is able to play, the Wildcats will have to go with freshman Khalil Tate, the 17-year-old out of Inglewood, Calif. The quarterback’s only appearance thus far has been against the UCLA Bruins in a 45-24 loss.
He passed for 72 yards and two touchdowns after taking over for the injured Dawkins. Tate was originally supposed to be redshirted.
Whoever is at the helm Saturday, they will have to do it with a banged-up offensive line.
Here are the rest of the injured Wildcats:
- Khalil Tate enters 2018 ready to lead Arizona under high expectations
- Khalil Tate makes Sports Illustrated cover, Arizona makes mag’s top-20
- Arizona’s Tate not in top 10, ASU’s Harry left out of ESPN’s top 50
- Power rankings mirror Pac-12 media’s expectations for ASU, Arizona
- First Manziel, now Tate: UA’s Sumlin excited about another dual-threat QB