The Arizona Wildcats (2-3) are plagued with injuries heading into their game against Utah (4-1) on Saturday, most notably on offense.
Arizona’s injury report revealed that starting quarterback Anu Solomon (knee) is listed as doubtful. Second-string quarterback Brandon Dawkins is listed as questionable with a rib injury.
Assuming neither quarterback is able to play, the Wildcats will have to go with freshman Khalil Tate, the 17-year-old out of Inglewood, Calif. The quarterback’s only appearance thus far has been against the UCLA Bruins in a 45-24 loss.
He passed for 72 yards and two touchdowns after taking over for the injured Dawkins. Tate was originally supposed to be redshirted.
Whoever is at the helm Saturday, they will have to do it with a banged-up offensive line.
Here are the rest of the injured Wildcats:
- Early Heisman odds list includes ASU’s Benjamin, Arizona’s Tate
- Brandon Randolph, Chase Jeter lead Arizona to OT win over Utah
- Reports: Former UA coach Rich Rodriguez to become Ole Miss OC
- Justin Coleman’s 3 allows Arizona to hold off UC Davis
- Report: Former NFL back DeMarco Murray considering joining UA staff