Larry Fitzgerald’s second touchdown against the 49ers Thursday saw him turn around a helpless-looking San Francisco defensive back.
The Cardinals receiver then flat out decked his own teammate. After helping to put Arizona ahead 21-7 in the third quarter, Fitzgerald went to celebrate with offensive guard Earl Watford, but as the two chest-bumped in the air, it was the 300-pound lineman who couldn’t take the hit.
Watford fell flat on his back, and Fitz walked off in celebration as receiver John Brown made sure to check on his offensive lineman laid out on the Levi’s Stadium turf.
After the 33-21 Cardinals victory, Watford predicted that it won’t be the last time the two meet in the end zone.
From the below angle, looks like all is well with Watford, who got back up.
That’s a good thing, because the offensive line depth chart was already being tested with Watford and John Wetzel replacing injured starting guards Mike Iupati and Evan Mathis during the game.
Larry scoring TDs…
And Larry knocking over his O-linemen. 😂
— NFL (@NFL) October 7, 2016
- Cardinals’ Josh Rosen, NFL rookies try to draw team logos
- ‘The closer’: Gov. Ducey credited with sealing Arizona Super Bowl bid
- Bruce Arians believes Cardinals QB Josh Rosen has chance to start
- Cardinals RB D.J. Foster: Josh Rosen will be ‘exciting for the future, or now’
- Cardinals QB Mike Glennon will enter season with eyes wide open