Larry Fitzgerald’s second touchdown against the 49ers Thursday saw him turn around a helpless-looking San Francisco defensive back.
The Cardinals receiver then flat out decked his own teammate. After helping to put Arizona ahead 21-7 in the third quarter, Fitzgerald went to celebrate with offensive guard Earl Watford, but as the two chest-bumped in the air, it was the 300-pound lineman who couldn’t take the hit.
Watford fell flat on his back, and Fitz walked off in celebration as receiver John Brown made sure to check on his offensive lineman laid out on the Levi’s Stadium turf.
After the 33-21 Cardinals victory, Watford predicted that it won’t be the last time the two meet in the end zone.
From the below angle, looks like all is well with Watford, who got back up.
That’s a good thing, because the offensive line depth chart was already being tested with Watford and John Wetzel replacing injured starting guards Mike Iupati and Evan Mathis during the game.
Larry scoring TDs…
And Larry knocking over his O-linemen. 😂
— NFL (@NFL) October 7, 2016
- Cardinals’ charity kickoff luncheon allows fans chance to meet team
- Wilks says mission accomplished as Cardinals break camp
- Cardinals re-sign S Harlan Miller, waive CB Lou Young III
- ESPN’s Barnwell builds the perfect roster with two Cardinals RBs
- Cardinals’ David Johnson sets sights on regaining elite status in 2018