Tyrann Mathieu, Cardinals DB depth takes hit vs. Panthers
Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu went down with a shoulder injury in the first half of Arizona’s visit to the home of the Carolina Panthers and was listed as probable to return.
Mathieu, however, was still not on the field as the Cardinals came out of the halftime break.
Arizona ruled him out for the game in the third quarter.
Tharold Simon replaced Mathieu at his slot cover spot but he went down with an injury in the third quarter and went to the locker room. The team said he was questionable to return with an ankle injury.
Cornerback Marcus Cooper moved into the slot from his corner position, and special teamer and backup corner Justin Bethel entered to defend on the outside opposite Patrick Peterson.
- Cardinals WR Christian Kirk misses practice Thursday after car accident
- Peterson: Cardinals got message from Wilks playing boos at end of practice
- Week 3 injury report: Chicago Bears vs. Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals center A.Q. Shipley works out five weeks after ACL surgery
- Forbes: Cardinals’ value remains stagnant, revenue increases