Tyrann Mathieu, Cardinals DB depth takes hit vs. Panthers
Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu went down with a shoulder injury in the first half of Arizona’s visit to the home of the Carolina Panthers and was listed as probable to return.
Mathieu, however, was still not on the field as the Cardinals came out of the halftime break.
Arizona ruled him out for the game in the third quarter.
Tharold Simon replaced Mathieu at his slot cover spot but he went down with an injury in the third quarter and went to the locker room. The team said he was questionable to return with an ankle injury.
Cornerback Marcus Cooper moved into the slot from his corner position, and special teamer and backup corner Justin Bethel entered to defend on the outside opposite Patrick Peterson.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Cardinals try to salvage road win against Falcons
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson gets another go at Falcons’ Julio Jones
- Two Arizona sports venues rank well in ESPN cleanliness study
- Week 15 injury report: Arizona Cardinals at Atlanta Falcons
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cardinals?