Tyrann Mathieu, Cardinals DB depth takes hit vs. Panthers
Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu went down with a shoulder injury in the first half of Arizona’s visit to the home of the Carolina Panthers and was listed as probable to return.
Mathieu, however, was still not on the field as the Cardinals came out of the halftime break.
Arizona ruled him out for the game in the third quarter.
Tharold Simon replaced Mathieu at his slot cover spot but he went down with an injury in the third quarter and went to the locker room. The team said he was questionable to return with an ankle injury.
Cornerback Marcus Cooper moved into the slot from his corner position, and special teamer and backup corner Justin Bethel entered to defend on the outside opposite Patrick Peterson.
- Fitz is in Sweden, hanging with sled dogs and racing Ferraris on ice
- WR Christian Kirk says it would be ‘surreal’ to be drafted by Cardinals
- Free agent CB Robert McClain visiting Cardinals on Thursday, per report
- Cardinals’ top leaders attend QB Sam Darnold’s pro day
- 2017 Cardinals Karlos Dansby, Blaine Gabbert make free agent visits