‘This is SportsCenter’ commercial celebrates Cubs’ World Series win
108 years, erased. pic.twitter.com/PyGg76vkXN
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 3, 2016
If you haven’t heard, the Chicago Cubs won the World Series for the first time in 108 years on Wednesday night.
You probably wouldn’t be on a site with “sports” in its name if you hadn’t. And as a fan of the sports, you probably are familiar with SportsCenter’s classic “This is SportsCenter” commercial series.
ESPN was locked and loaded with a doozy of a new ad following the Cubs’ historic win against the Indians. Anchor Jay Harris walks into the Worldwide Leader’s kitchen area to erase the count of “years since the Cubs won the World Series.”
Alongside the Cubs World Series wins counter, is “years since the last butt fumble,” which is already at four years, and “days since the last workplace incident.”
The UConn Huskies mascot, with shaved arm and a cone around his neck, follows by resetting the latter.
Gut feeling says Mark Sanchez’s career as an ESPN analyst is coming — and soon. That sets SportsCenter up for a solid sequel opportunity to follow this ad.
- Arizona State’s Courtney Ekmark ready to return to familiar March setting
- D-backs’ Taijuan Walker impressive in win vs. Chicago Cubs
- Hernandez hits 3 HRs, Dodgers top Cubs to reach World Series
- Sedona Red Recap: Bullpen falters as D-backs drop series to Cubs
- Sedona Red Recap: Peralta hits inside-the-parker in D-backs’ win over Cubs