Paulie Pigskin Report: Are the Cardinals’ playoff chances dwindling?
The question everyone wants to be answered as the Arizona Cardinals have their bye week is if it’s time to say goodbye to the team’s playoff chances.
At a record of 3-4-1 with the Seattle Seahawks 1.5 games ahead in the NFC West and a very competitive NFC wild-card picture, some fans might be ready to call the season. The math, however, shows the Cardinals aren’t that far out of it and there’s plenty of football to be played.
With that being said, Arizona must stop losing the battle at the line of scrimmage and step up with the loss of left tackle Jared Veldheer, but the reality of having a quarterback like Carson Palmer is that when he’s on his game, his play can fill in lots of holes on a football team.
Paul Calvisi breaks it all down in this week’s Paulie Pigskin Report.
- Cardinals ink free agent cornerback Bene Benwikere
- Arizona coach Sean Miller denies candidacy for Pittsburgh job opening
- Is there anything left on the WR free agent market for the Cardinals?
- John Brown denies sickle cell trait as cause of injuries, blames cyst
- Zack Greinke won’t start for Diamondbacks on Opening Day