Wildcats add Ray Smith to ‘This is Arizona’ intro video
— Arizona Basketball (@APlayersProgram) November 6, 2016
Arizona’s pregame hype video has remained standard over the last several years.
Former players read off the basketball program’s list of impressive accolades — the NBA draft picks, the All-Americans, the Final Fours and the 1997 championship — but who reads them is often tweaked for special occasions. And as small as an occasion an exhibition game against Chico State was on Sunday afternoon, the tweak this time around was a good one.
The Wildcats closed the video with Ray Smith reading the final line, “This is Arizona,” less than a week after he suffered his third major knee injury and retired from playing.
Smith promised people shouldn’t feel sorry for him following his retirement after spending the last two full years rehabbing from injuries.
It appears that’s genuine. He’s not feeling sorry for himself.
- Arizona’s Allonzo Trier named to AP preseason All-America first team
- Arizona basketball ranked third in 2017 preseason AP Poll
- Two Arizona Wildcats make ESPN’s preseason All-America teams
- On heels of NCAA kickback scandal, Arizona’s Miller to make first public appearance
- On heels of FBI corruption scandal, questions surround Arizona program