Wildcats add Ray Smith to ‘This is Arizona’ intro video
— Arizona Basketball (@APlayersProgram) November 6, 2016
Arizona’s pregame hype video has remained standard over the last several years.
Former players read off the basketball program’s list of impressive accolades — the NBA draft picks, the All-Americans, the Final Fours and the 1997 championship — but who reads them is often tweaked for special occasions. And as small as an occasion an exhibition game against Chico State was on Sunday afternoon, the tweak this time around was a good one.
The Wildcats closed the video with Ray Smith reading the final line, “This is Arizona,” less than a week after he suffered his third major knee injury and retired from playing.
Smith promised people shouldn’t feel sorry for him following his retirement after spending the last two full years rehabbing from injuries.
It appears that’s genuine. He’s not feeling sorry for himself.
- Arizona basketball’s Ira Lee tweets apology for DUI charges
- Sean Miller: Arizona is ‘not going to be as talented’ in 2018-19
- Pac-12 releases 2018-19 weekly pairings for ASU, Arizona basketball
- Arizona basketball earns commitment from Cornell transfer Stone Gettings
- NBA Draft prospects star in TGIF parody song on ‘Tonight Show’