Arizona and Michigan State unveil special uniforms for Armed Forces Classic game
The 10th-ranked Arizona Wildcats and the 12th-ranked Michigan State Spartans will face off on Friday at the Stan Sheriff Center at the University of Hawaii in the Armed Forces Classic.
Both teams will wear uniforms that fit the occasion.
Arizona unveiled the “We Remember” uniforms, which sport “USS Arizona” across the chest and have a white and grey camouflage tone. The back of the jerseys have the phrase “At ‘Em Arizona,” which was the rallying cry of the U.S.S. Arizona.
The shoes are similar, with the same kind of color shade on the top and bottom of the kicks.
The Arizona football team donned similar uniforms for their game against Hawaii on Sept. 17, in which they also honored the U.S.S. Arizona.
Michigan State’s unis are also camouflaged, as theirs displays the Spartans’ main color of dark green. It also has black and grey mixed in for the camo. The jerseys all have “U.S.A” printed where the last names go, and the shorts have the same shade of camo, with brown stripes down the side.
The game on Friday will start at 5 p.m. Arizona time on ESPN. The other game of the Armed Forces Classic will be between No. 11 Indiana Hoosiers and No. 3 Kansas Jayhawks.
- Khalil Tate enters 2018 ready to lead Arizona under high expectations
- Khalil Tate makes Sports Illustrated cover, Arizona makes mag’s top-20
- Power rankings mirror Pac-12 media’s expectations for ASU, Arizona
- Arizona’s Sumlin discusses rebuilding strategies, program strengths
- Arizona’s Khalil Tate to B/R: Tweet during coaching search was strategic