Report: Allonzo Trier not with Arizona as it prepares for Michigan State
Allonzo Trier did not accompany Arizona basketball on its flight to Hawaii for a top-15 showdown with Michigan State, the Arizona Daily Star’s Bruce Pascoe reports.
Pascoe said Trier did not get off the Wildcats’ charter plane at the Honolulu International Airport on Tuesday evening.
For unspecified reasons, the sophomore guard has not played in Arizona’s two exhibition games leading into the No. 10 team’s Armed Forces Classic matchup against the No. 12-ranked Spartans.
Head coach Sean Miller has refused to answer questions about Trier’s status as rumors of his ineligibility concerns have swirled.
Trier played in Arizona’s Red-Blue team scrimmage but also did not accompany Miller to Pac-12 Media Day as originally planned.
- Arizona State basketball slips to No. 21 in AP Poll; UA jumps to 11th
- Carson who? UA product Nick Foles leads Eagles to Super Bowl
- Accuser of former Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez files second claim
- Schefter: Raiders interviewed Arizona’s Kevin Sumlin for OC position
- No. 14 Arizona rallies to defeat Stanford