Report: Allonzo Trier not with Arizona as it prepares for Michigan State
Allonzo Trier did not accompany Arizona basketball on its flight to Hawaii for a top-15 showdown with Michigan State, the Arizona Daily Star’s Bruce Pascoe reports.
Pascoe said Trier did not get off the Wildcats’ charter plane at the Honolulu International Airport on Tuesday evening.
For unspecified reasons, the sophomore guard has not played in Arizona’s two exhibition games leading into the No. 10 team’s Armed Forces Classic matchup against the No. 12-ranked Spartans.
Head coach Sean Miller has refused to answer questions about Trier’s status as rumors of his ineligibility concerns have swirled.
Trier played in Arizona’s Red-Blue team scrimmage but also did not accompany Miller to Pac-12 Media Day as originally planned.
- Sean Miller doesn’t believe he’s coached his final game at Arizona
- Arizona falls to USC in 1st round of Pac-12 Tournament
- Arizona hoping to play with pride in Pac-12 Tournament
- ‘Surging’ ASU heads to Tucson for regular season finale with Arizona
- Trio gets prison in college basketball recruiting scandal