Report: Allonzo Trier not with Arizona as it prepares for Michigan State
Allonzo Trier did not accompany Arizona basketball on its flight to Hawaii for a top-15 showdown with Michigan State, the Arizona Daily Star’s Bruce Pascoe reports.
Pascoe said Trier did not get off the Wildcats’ charter plane at the Honolulu International Airport on Tuesday evening.
For unspecified reasons, the sophomore guard has not played in Arizona’s two exhibition games leading into the No. 10 team’s Armed Forces Classic matchup against the No. 12-ranked Spartans.
Head coach Sean Miller has refused to answer questions about Trier’s status as rumors of his ineligibility concerns have swirled.
Trier played in Arizona’s Red-Blue team scrimmage but also did not accompany Miller to Pac-12 Media Day as originally planned.
- Despite key losses, Arizona Wildcats in Sporting News’ preseason top 25
- Herm Edwards likes ASU’s toughness, not thinking about ranking
- ASU defense shines, Ruiz hits game-winner in upset of Michigan State
- ASU football’s offense comes alive late, upsets Michigan State
- Manny Wilkins, N’Keal Harry tie game with fourth quarter touchdown