Arizona football wearing chrome red helmets against Colorado
The Arizona Wildcats will pull their chrome red helmets off the shelves for their Saturday game against the Colorado Buffaloes.
Offensive linemen Jacob Alsadek and Nathan Eldridge revealed the tops along with the rest of their uniform combo for the home game against the No. 12 Buffs, who are 7-2 on the year. Arizona will be wearing red jerseys and white pants to go with their special helmets.
History hasn’t been kind to the Wildcats in the chrome lids. Last year, Rich Rodriguez’s team lost to UCLA 56-30 wearing an all-red uniform combination. To close the regular season, Arizona wore white jerseys and pants with the red helmets in a 52-37 loss to ASU.
This Veteran’s Day weekend, Colorado is wearing gold helmets, white jerseys and gold pants for the 8 p.m. game.
- Suns second-round pick George King plotting rare lengthy NBA career
- Athlon: ASU’s Herm Edwards ‘has a tough job ahead in 2018 and beyond’
- Mom’s the word: Mothers run routes, learn safety at Cardinals camp
- High school players learn skills, lifestyle tips at Cardinals youth camp
- Reno Aces celebrate Star Wars Night with Millennium Falcon jerseys