Arizona football wearing chrome red helmets against Colorado
The Arizona Wildcats will pull their chrome red helmets off the shelves for their Saturday game against the Colorado Buffaloes.
Offensive linemen Jacob Alsadek and Nathan Eldridge revealed the tops along with the rest of their uniform combo for the home game against the No. 12 Buffs, who are 7-2 on the year. Arizona will be wearing red jerseys and white pants to go with their special helmets.
History hasn’t been kind to the Wildcats in the chrome lids. Last year, Rich Rodriguez’s team lost to UCLA 56-30 wearing an all-red uniform combination. To close the regular season, Arizona wore white jerseys and pants with the red helmets in a 52-37 loss to ASU.
This Veteran’s Day weekend, Colorado is wearing gold helmets, white jerseys and gold pants for the 8 p.m. game.
- Kansas State basketball throws it back with lavender jerseys
- The 5: Notable quotes from Kevin Sumlin’s introduction at Arizona
- Arizona coaching search led to Sumlin after Navy’s Niumatalolo declined offer
- Colorado coach Tad Boyle’s mission to fix college hoops riles up Pac-12 drama
- Arizona in one writer’s early top-25 despite future questions