Silly mongooses stroll the greens of a golf course
A group of more than a dozen mongooses were caught strolling the greens at the Nedbank Golf Challenge in South Africa on Thursday.
Good news: The cute, furry creatures didn’t interrupt play at the European Tour event.
That might’ve been a worry. With a golf ball sitting on a green, the pack scampered out of the sand and toward the ball. But the leader of the pack and a few others only appeared to sniff it before moving on with their day.
From the mongooses and beyond, it appears South African golf tournaments are quite the spectacle and unlike most other tournaments when it comes to the scenery.
- Ironwood golfer finds time to volunteer with demanding studying workload
- Despite national title, ASU women’s golf ‘has own story to write’
- Thunderbirds raise over $10 million at Waste Management Phoenix Open
- Justin Thomas rallies to win the PGA Championship
- Brooks Koepka caps a record week with US Open title