Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Antonio Brown to wear custom cleats honoring Pat Tillman
Superstar wide receiver Antonio Brown has apparently made it his mission to wear as many custom cleats as one possibly can during the span of the NFL season.
This week’s edition, however, will honor our country’s veterans, and one specifically from the desert.
Brown’s Week 10 cleats will feature the American flag and two depictions of Pat Tillman.
Tillman graduated from Arizona State University and was drafted by the Cardinals in 1998. The defensive player enlisted in the United States Army in June 2002 following the events of Sept. 11, 2001.
Brown has repeatedly been told in the past by officials that he would be ejected from games by wearing custom cleats, so it is unclear whether the receiver will don these during warm-ups or for the entire game.
- Dealing Cards: IR returns look unlikely, Gabbert reviews his NFL journey
- Week 12 injury report: Arizona Cardinals vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Calais Campbell: Decision to leave Cardinals has ‘worked out’
- Texans claim former Cardinals RB Andre Ellington off waivers
- Arians praises quarterback Gabbert, criticizes Cardinals receivers