ASU’s Richardson named Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Freshman of the Week
Sun Devil guard Reili Richardson was named the Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Freshman of the Week on Monday.
The California native was recruited to Arizona State as a 5-star prospect and ranked 47th in the 2016 class and through two games is averaging 9.0 points and 5.5 assists on 58 percent shooting so far this season.
Richardson made her debut on Friday in the 76-40 win against Illinois State and tallied seven points, a game-high seven assists and three rebounds.
In Sunday’s 82-37 win over San Jose State, the 5-foot-11 guard scored 11 points and dished four assists.
While only two games are in the books, the future looks promising for the Sun Devils. Richardson is currently tied in team scoring with 18 points and leads the team in assists with 11.
The Sun Devils remain at No. 18 in the AP poll and will go on the road to face Marquette in Milwaukee, Wisc. on Saturday.
- Thoughts on Arizona State’s surprising victory over Oregon
- Sun Devils save season with upset of No. 24 Oregon
- Fork Report: ASU upsets No. 24 Oregon behind Wilkins, Harry
- In no time, Queen Creek’s Casteel High becomes dominant football program
- Former ASU stars Plummer, Poole to make Heisman tour appearance