ASU’s Richardson named Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Freshman of the Week
Sun Devil guard Reili Richardson was named the Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Freshman of the Week on Monday.
The California native was recruited to Arizona State as a 5-star prospect and ranked 47th in the 2016 class and through two games is averaging 9.0 points and 5.5 assists on 58 percent shooting so far this season.
Richardson made her debut on Friday in the 76-40 win against Illinois State and tallied seven points, a game-high seven assists and three rebounds.
In Sunday’s 82-37 win over San Jose State, the 5-foot-11 guard scored 11 points and dished four assists.
While only two games are in the books, the future looks promising for the Sun Devils. Richardson is currently tied in team scoring with 18 points and leads the team in assists with 11.
The Sun Devils remain at No. 18 in the AP poll and will go on the road to face Marquette in Milwaukee, Wisc. on Saturday.
- Arizona State falls to Texas, eliminated from women’s NCAA Tournament
- The End of Guard U: ASU’s seniors go out with loss to Syracuse
- ASU’s crying tourney kid was more than an average Sun Devil fan
- Arizona State’s Courtney Ekmark ready to return to familiar March setting
- ASU unable to speed up Syracuse, eliminated from NCAA Tournament