Coyotes fall to Canucks on OT penalty shot
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — Ben Hutton scored on a penalty shot at 2:34 of overtime to lift the Vancouver Canucks to a 3-2 victory over the Arizona Coyotes on Thursday night.
Daniel Sedin had a goal and an assist, and Brandon Sutter also scored for Vancouver, which had lost 11 of 13. Jacob Markstrom made 34 saves.
Hutton was hooked on a breakaway by Dylan Strome before beating Louis Domingue with a nice backhand deke for his second goal of the season.
Brad Richardson and Anthony DeAngelo had goals for Arizona, which has lost four straight. Richardson was later carted off on a stretcher with an injured right leg in the second period and taken to a hospital. Domingue finished with 39 saves.
- Coyotes’ Niklas Hjalmarsson insists his mileage isn’t a problem
- Coyotes’ Keller, Fischer shine in win over Ducks to open preseason
- Coyotes may be one of the Western Conference’s best defense groups
- Coyotes re-assign five, cut two from training camp roster
- Coyotes cancel preseason opener due to poor ice conditions