Coyotes fall to Canucks on OT penalty shot
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — Ben Hutton scored on a penalty shot at 2:34 of overtime to lift the Vancouver Canucks to a 3-2 victory over the Arizona Coyotes on Thursday night.
Daniel Sedin had a goal and an assist, and Brandon Sutter also scored for Vancouver, which had lost 11 of 13. Jacob Markstrom made 34 saves.
Hutton was hooked on a breakaway by Dylan Strome before beating Louis Domingue with a nice backhand deke for his second goal of the season.
Brad Richardson and Anthony DeAngelo had goals for Arizona, which has lost four straight. Richardson was later carted off on a stretcher with an injured right leg in the second period and taken to a hospital. Domingue finished with 39 saves.
- Coyotes’ Stepan hopes to step up production with more aggressive play
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- Coyotes beat Montreal in nine-goal thriller for third win of season
- ‘Yotes GM John Chayka more worried about the process than the standings
- Coyotes’ crazy travel schedule presents challenges for training staff