Cardinals place LB Gabe Martin in IR, elevate LB Zaviar Gooden to roster
The Arizona Cardinals made a couple of roster moves Friday, placing linebacker Gabe Martin (knee) on injured reserve while elevating linebacker Zaviar Gooden from the practice squad to the active roster.
Martin’s season comes to an end with him tallying four total tackles in eight games.
Gooden was added to the Cardinals’ practice squad on Nov. 1. Originally a third-round pick of the Tennessee Titans’ in the 2013 draft out of Missouri, he appeared in 25 games for the Titans and Detroit Lions. He appeared in a career-high 15 games for the Titans in 2014, recording 20 tackles and two tackles for loss.
The Cardinals are hitting the road this week to take on the Minnesota Vikings. Kickoff is slated for 11 a.m. and the game can be heard on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.
- Carson Chats: Intelligence, confidence key to Nelson’s game
- Cardinals RB David Johnson: There really is no timeline for injury return
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Updates on John Brown and Bucannon
- A struggling NFC West gives the Cardinals a fighting chance
- Cardinals officially re-sign linebacker Philip Wheeler