Cardinals coach Bruce Arians returns home after hospitalization
Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has returned home after being released from the hospital, team spokesman Mark Dalton said Monday night. The head coach was admitted to the hospital with chest pain after the team’s loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
The team released a statement about Arians’ health early Monday morning.
This was the second time this season that Arians, 64, has been hospitalized, as he was admitted in August while the team was in San Diego with what was diagnosed as diverticulitis.
Besides his health, this has been a trying season for Arians and his team. Though they entered the year as Super Bowl favorites, the Cardinals have struggled to a 4-5-1 record, one that included a 30-24 loss to the Minnesota Vikings this past Sunday.
- Keim Time: Three positives, little else for Cardinals in loss to Texans
- Help wanted: Cards GM Keim actively seeking wide receivers
- Arians regrets fourth down call vs. Texans: ‘A bad call and a bad decision’
- Rapid Reaction: Cardinals fall to Texans in Gabbert’s first start
- Big Red Recap: Cardinals’ playoff hopes all but dashed in loss to Texans