Cardinals coach Bruce Arians returns home after hospitalization
Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has returned home after being released from the hospital, team spokesman Mark Dalton said Monday night. The head coach was admitted to the hospital with chest pain after the team’s loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
The team released a statement about Arians’ health early Monday morning.
This was the second time this season that Arians, 64, has been hospitalized, as he was admitted in August while the team was in San Diego with what was diagnosed as diverticulitis.
Besides his health, this has been a trying season for Arians and his team. Though they entered the year as Super Bowl favorites, the Cardinals have struggled to a 4-5-1 record, one that included a 30-24 loss to the Minnesota Vikings this past Sunday.
- USA Today: Cardinals not expected to contend for playoffs in 2018-19
- Arizona Cardinals rank No. 41 in Forbes’ 2018 most valuable franchises
- Keim’s absence comes as Cardinals talk complicated Johnson extension
- Cardinals suspend GM Steve Keim for five weeks after he pleads guilty to DUI
- Cardinals need a lot to go right to rise in ESPN’s future power rankings