Arizona basketball moves up in AP and USA Today polls
Arizona moved up two spots to No. 8 in the AP Poll while they are listed No. 9 in the USA Today Poll.
In the AP Poll, Arizona vaulted over Xavier despite their 5-0 record, and Oregon, which got trounced 66-49 by now-No. 20 Baylor. The USA Today Poll has Xavier one spot over Arizona.
In their most recent game against the Pioneers, freshman forward Lauri Markkanen led the Wildcats with 22 points, as he shot 58 percent from the field while adding six rebounds and three assists. Center Dusan Ristic was the only player to record a double-double in the game, tallying 13 points and 15 rebounds.
The rest of the AP top 10 had slight moves and remains intact for the most part. No. 1 Duke lost to Kansas 77-75 on Tuesday and that led to the Blue Devils falling to No. 6, while the Jayhawks moved up two spots to No. 5. Kentucky now owns the top spot, while reigning champion Villanova sits at No. 2. Louisville was able to move into the No. 10 spot after Oregon plummeted to No. 13.
The Arizona Wildcats take the court tonight at 7 p.m. MST against Northern Colorado at McKale Center in Tucson. Arizona is listed as 33-point favorites against UNCO.
- Arizona Wildcats a popular pick for some to go deep in NCAA Tournament
- Sean Miller’s former Arizona players come to his defense amid FBI scandal
- Arizona associate coach Lorenzo Romar tight lipped in presser
- Conference-leading Wildcats prepared for challenging Oregon trip
- Grand Canyon unable to keep up with CSU Bakersfield, loses third straight