Pitchfork Preview: Sun Devils travel to Tucson with bowl berth, Territorial Cup on the line
Arizona State wraps up their regular season this week as they travel to Tucson to take on the Arizona Wildcats Friday night in the 90th Territorial Cup.
ASU (5-6, 2-6 in Pac-12) is coming off a 44-18 loss to No. 6 Washington as the Sun Devils were handed their fifth straight defeat. Meanwhile, UA (2-9, 0-8) suffered a 42-17 loss to Oregon State as the Wildcats remain winless in Pac-12 play.
Dating back to 1899, the Sun Devils trail the all-time series against the Wildcats 48-40-1. ASU goes into Friday’s matchup seeking a bowl berth and looking to keep the Territorial Cup in Tempe for another year.
Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. and the game can be heard on KTAR News 92.3 FM.
- Five-star forward Taeshon Cherry announces commitment to ASU
- Arizona State quarterback Brady White transfers to Memphis
- ‘It’s a historical day’: UA introduces first African-American head football coach
- Should Sun Devil fans be worried about ASU’s tourney prospects?
- Arizona leapfrogs ASU in AP Poll after hosting Oregon schools