Pitchfork Preview: Sun Devils travel to Tucson with bowl berth, Territorial Cup on the line
Arizona State wraps up their regular season this week as they travel to Tucson to take on the Arizona Wildcats Friday night in the 90th Territorial Cup.
ASU (5-6, 2-6 in Pac-12) is coming off a 44-18 loss to No. 6 Washington as the Sun Devils were handed their fifth straight defeat. Meanwhile, UA (2-9, 0-8) suffered a 42-17 loss to Oregon State as the Wildcats remain winless in Pac-12 play.
Dating back to 1899, the Sun Devils trail the all-time series against the Wildcats 48-40-1. ASU goes into Friday’s matchup seeking a bowl berth and looking to keep the Territorial Cup in Tempe for another year.
Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. and the game can be heard on KTAR News 92.3 FM.
- Arizona State falls to Texas, eliminated from women’s NCAA Tournament
- ASU outfielder Gage Canning named Pac-12 Player of the Week
- The End of Guard U: ASU’s seniors go out with loss to Syracuse
- ASU’s crying tourney kid was more than an average Sun Devil fan
- Arizona State’s Courtney Ekmark ready to return to familiar March setting