Suns assign Derrick Jones Jr. to D-League
After calling him up less than a week ago, the Phoenix Suns have sent forward Derrick Jones Jr. back to Prescott Valley.
Jones was assigned to the Northern Arizona Suns Friday after being recalled by Phoenix on Nov. 19.
The 19-year-old played three minutes against the Philadelphia 76ers on the day he was called up in his hometown to make his NBA debut.
Jones was with the team for the three games starting small forward T.J. Warren missed with a minor head injury. Warren will still be out for Friday’s game against the Minnesota Timberwolves according to AZCentral’s Paul Coro.
In two regular season games with the NAZ Suns, Jones averaged 14.5 points on 58.8 percent shooting and six rebounds in 28.5 minutes. Jones scored a season-high 19 points in the season opener against Iowa.
The NAZ Suns have a game Friday night and Sunday in Prescott Valley.
- Suns celebrate 50 years in Phoenix by renovating 50 Arizona basketball courts
- Suns’ Derrick Jones Jr. has won the Drive By Dunk Challenge
- Suns’ Josh Jackson throws it up for Derrick Jones Jr.
- Suns’ Derrick Jones Jr. asked to score more in NBA Summer League
- After stops including Eastern Arizona, Croatia, Italy, James back with Suns