Suns assign Derrick Jones Jr. to D-League
After calling him up less than a week ago, the Phoenix Suns have sent forward Derrick Jones Jr. back to Prescott Valley.
Jones was assigned to the Northern Arizona Suns Friday after being recalled by Phoenix on Nov. 19.
The 19-year-old played three minutes against the Philadelphia 76ers on the day he was called up in his hometown to make his NBA debut.
Jones was with the team for the three games starting small forward T.J. Warren missed with a minor head injury. Warren will still be out for Friday’s game against the Minnesota Timberwolves according to AZCentral’s Paul Coro.
In two regular season games with the NAZ Suns, Jones averaged 14.5 points on 58.8 percent shooting and six rebounds in 28.5 minutes. Jones scored a season-high 19 points in the season opener against Iowa.
The NAZ Suns have a game Friday night and Sunday in Prescott Valley.
- Phoenix Suns assign Derrick Jones Jr. to Northern Arizona
- Suns assign Derrick Jones Jr. to G League affiliate
- Jackson, young players set to tip off Suns’ season against Portland
- Suns complete fourth-quarter comeback to beat Blazers
- On a crowded Suns roster, don’t let Derrick Jones Jr. go under the radar