Cardinals release WR Chris Hubert, elevate WR Marquis Bundy to active roster
The Arizona Cardinals made two roster moves Friday, releasing wide receiver Chris Hubert and elevating wide receiver Marquis Bundy from the practice squad to the active roster.
The Cardinals made a very similar move on Sept. 13 in releasing Hubert and signing Bundy, with the notable difference being both moves pertained to the practice squad and not the active roster. Hubert was brought back on Oct. 26 after Jaron Brown tore his ACL.
Hubert, an undrafted rookie free agent out of Fayetteville State, was one of the stories of training camp. In preseason, Hubert caught five passes for 96 yards and a touchdown. He led Fayetteville State with 71 catches for 862 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2015.
Hubert did not record a catch in the regular season and was inactive for last week’s game against the Minnesota Vikings.
Bundy, an undrafted rookie out of New Mexico, played in the preseason for Arizona and had nine catches for 97 yards. The Boulder Creek High (Anthem) graduate was released during the team’s final roster cut down on Sept. 3. He has been on the practice squad since Sept. 13.
- Dealing Cards: Bucannon working his way back; Nelson on injury report
- NL Wild Card tracker: D-backs fight for playoff positioning
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Updates on John Brown and Bucannon
- The Consensus: Arizona Cardinals dip despite road win in Indianapolis
- Cardinals’ J.J. Nelson named NFC Offensive Player of the Week