Sign her up: Miss Arizona makes the tackle during the Territorial Cup
So the Territorial Cup was … something.
Pretty football? Not exactly.
Amid the crazy back-and-forth that saw the 3-9 Arizona Wildcats take, 56-35, over the Arizona State Sun Devils, it was UA quarterback Brandon Dawkins stepping out along the sideline — and straight into Miss Arizona. Or was it she who actually made quite the tackle by bringing Dawkins to the ground?
Either way, not to fear. Tommy Lynn Calhoun, the current Miss Arizona USA, wasn’t hurt. Dawkins helped her up and not long after apologized during ESPN’s sideline interview with her.
Miss Arizona assured the Arizona quarterback she was A-OK.
“No, you’re good, you’re good,” she told him.
“I’m so good,” she told ESPN. “I’m a physical therapy technician and I majored in kinesiology — I like landed perfectly.”
And in a game where the Wildcats rolled up 511 rushing yards with Dawkins leading the charge with 183 of his own on a 15.3-yard-per-carry average, Arizona Rattlers coach Kevin Guy handed out this gem:
UPDATE: Miss Arizona USA is taking Coach Guy’s advice.
- Arizona State basketball slips to No. 21 in AP Poll; UA jumps to 11th
- Carson who? UA product Nick Foles leads Eagles to Super Bowl
- Accuser of former Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez files second claim
- Schefter: Raiders interviewed Arizona’s Kevin Sumlin for OC position
- No. 14 Arizona rallies to defeat Stanford