Suns’ Watson, Tucker reveal design for new playground in Guadalupe
Phoenix Suns head coach Earl Watson and forward P.J. Tucker revealed the design for a new playground at Guadalupe Barrio Nuevo on Monday.
— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) November 28, 2016
In partnership with KaBOOM! and Chicanos Por La Causa, the Suns will build the playground in order to provide a safe haven for youth in the Guadalupe Barrio Nuevo community. Watson and Tucker each made significant financial contributions in order to help fund the project.
Kids in attendance had the opportunity to play games with Watson and Tucker prior to the blueprint reveal. The playground is scheduled to be built on Dec. 12, with the help of Suns players, team employees and community volunteers.
- The 5: Takeaways from Summer Suns’ time in Las Vegas
- Javonte Green turns into human highlight reel in Suns’ win over Spurs
- Suns’ Jack Cooley is the coolest guy at Vegas Summer League
- Suns notebook: Ayton underperforms, Okobo injured, Bridges’ revenge game
- Suns’ Shaq Harrison slams it home in closing minutes against 76ers