Trivia Tuesday: Players with 2,000 yards from scrimmage in a single season
Somewhat lost in the midst of the Arizona Cardinals’ disappointing 2016 season is the performance of running back David Johnson.
The second-year player out of Northern Iowa leads the NFL with 1,534 yards from scrimmage through the season’s first 12 weeks. That puts him on pace to rack up 2,045 total yards on the season. If Johnson can accomplish the feat, he’d become the first Arizona Cardinal to eclipse the 2,000-yard mark in a single season since the team relocated to the desert from St. Louis in 1988.
Since 1988, however, a single player has eclipsed the 2,000-total yard mark in a single season 47 times (it’s been done by 30 different players).
That’s your Trivia Tuesday task this week — name all the players who have done it in the last 29 seasons. We’ve provided you with hints, but here’s another: all 30 players are running backs.
You’ve got ten minutes, good luck!
- Dealing Cards: Peterson vs. Bryant highlights Monday Night showdown
- Behind Enemy Lines: Arizona Cardinals open home slate against Cowboys
- Inside the Numbers: Arizona Cardinals vs. Dallas Cowboys
- The 5: Best Cardinals performances on Monday Night Football
- Finally humbled, Cowboys’ Prescott and Elliott look to respond