Arizona basketball adds walk-on Kory Jones to roster
With injuries hitting the Arizona basketball team hard, coach Sean Miller added walk-on Kory Jones to the roster on Wednesday.
The 6-foot-3 freshman out of Westfield High School in chantilly, Va., will give the Wildcats 14 practice able players, including redshirt Dylan Smith and Allonzo Trier, who has not appeared in a game due to unspecified reasons but is able to practice. Four of those players are walk-ons.
When Arizona lost Smith to a concussion earlier in November, Miller said that Arizona would hold walk-on tryouts. Season-ending knee injuries to Talbott Denny and Ray Smith opened up the need for the Wildcats to add more bodies for practice, if not games.
Jones helped his Westfield team to a 6A championship in Virginia to end his senior season. He scored in double-figures in 10 games and scored a career-high of 22 points.
- Arizona defeats USC in Pac-12 Championship, earns automatic bid
- Arizona earns top spot in Pac-12 Tournament, ASU seeded ninth
- Ayton named one of 15 finalists for John R. Wooden Award
- Full transcript of Sean Miller’s statement concerning ESPN report
- Wright and Vollstedt represent UA and ASU in Pac-12 Hall of Honor class