Arizona basketball adds walk-on Kory Jones to roster
With injuries hitting the Arizona basketball team hard, coach Sean Miller added walk-on Kory Jones to the roster on Wednesday.
The 6-foot-3 freshman out of Westfield High School in chantilly, Va., will give the Wildcats 14 practice able players, including redshirt Dylan Smith and Allonzo Trier, who has not appeared in a game due to unspecified reasons but is able to practice. Four of those players are walk-ons.
When Arizona lost Smith to a concussion earlier in November, Miller said that Arizona would hold walk-on tryouts. Season-ending knee injuries to Talbott Denny and Ray Smith opened up the need for the Wildcats to add more bodies for practice, if not games.
Jones helped his Westfield team to a 6A championship in Virginia to end his senior season. He scored in double-figures in 10 games and scored a career-high of 22 points.
- Arizona’s Allonzo Trier named to AP preseason All-America first team
- Arizona basketball ranked third in 2017 preseason AP Poll
- Two Arizona Wildcats make ESPN’s preseason All-America teams
- On heels of NCAA kickback scandal, Arizona’s Miller to make first public appearance
- On heels of FBI corruption scandal, questions surround Arizona program