RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — Gentrey Thomas scored 15 points, Brandon Rosser added 13 and 10 rebounds and UC Riverside snapped a seven-game losing streak to beat Grand Canyon 76-56 on Saturday.
The Highlanders (2-9) scored 10 straight to open a 27-12 advantage, led 39-22 at the half and had their largest lead of 23 three times late in the second half.
Menno Dijkstra added 14 points and six rebounds for UC Riverside. Thomas made 3 of 4 from 3-point range and the Highlanders made 7 of 15.
The Antelopes (9-6) had a four-game winning streak snapped, making just 3 of 23 from 3-point range and getting outrebounded 47-33.
Keonta Vernon led Grand Canyon with 14 points and Kerwin Smith added 10. DeWayne Russell, the nation’s second leading scorer coming into the game (25.2 points), made only four of his 25 shots from the field, and finished with 12 points.
- Majerle: On relationship with Suns, GCU’s rise and not going anywhere
- ESPN writer lists Zack Greinke as D-back most primed for comeback season
- Grand Canyon overtakes New Mexico State
- Keonta Vernon leads Grand Canyon past Texas-Rio Grande Valley
- Late rally costs Grand Canyon in loss to CS Bakersfield