There’s a reasonable chance that you have heard of Matt Bonner, a guy who played in the NBA for 12 years, the last 10 of which were spent with the San Antonio Spurs.
If you are not familiar with him, though, we won’t blame you.
At any rate, Bonner averaged 5.8 points and 3.0 rebounds in 17 minutes per game in his career, which began with him being a second-round pick out of Florida before going on to win a pair of NBA titles with the Spurs.
He averaged a career high 8.2 points per game in 2008-09, a season in which he even started 67 games.
Bonner has not played at all this season, however, and on Friday he announced his retirement in a video that is, if we’re being honest, excellent.
- Jon Kitna: ‘Would hesitate to say’ 2017 will be Carson Palmer’s final year
- NCAA reveals Final Four court with time-lapse of construction
- Raptors DeRozan happy to not be guarded by P.J. Tucker
- P.J. Tucker emotional on way out of Phoenix
- P.J. Tucker: Toronto a good situation, found out about trade in shower