There’s a reasonable chance that you have heard of Matt Bonner, a guy who played in the NBA for 12 years, the last 10 of which were spent with the San Antonio Spurs.
If you are not familiar with him, though, we won’t blame you.
At any rate, Bonner averaged 5.8 points and 3.0 rebounds in 17 minutes per game in his career, which began with him being a second-round pick out of Florida before going on to win a pair of NBA titles with the Spurs.
He averaged a career high 8.2 points per game in 2008-09, a season in which he even started 67 games.
Bonner has not played at all this season, however, and on Friday he announced his retirement in a video that is, if we’re being honest, excellent.
- Mike D’Antoni gets roasted after another series loss to Gregg Popovich and the Spurs
- Sports Illustrated trolls Mets’ Harvey with ‘Ferris Bueller’ video
- LeBron James grabs a beer while giving the Raptors a beatdown
- Young Bucks fan kicks Raptor in face en route to 360 dunk
- Vanderbilt football players release sorority parody video