Goalie Mike Smith to represent Coyotes at 2017 NHL All-Star Game
It was announced on Tuesday that Coyotes goalie Mike Smith will represent the team at this year’s NHL All-Star Game, which will take place at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles on Jan. 29.
This is the first All-Star nod for Smith, who at 34 is posting one of the better seasons of his career. The sixth-year Coyote has just seven wins to go along with 11 losses and 5 overtime losses, but has a GAA of 2.83 and a save percentage of .918, which is tied for fifth-best in the Western Conference among goalies who have appeared in at least 24 games.
With his being named an All-Star, Smith becomes the 43rd All-Star in franchise history and third different goaltender to be honored, joining Nikolai Khabibulin (1998, 1999) and Sean Burke (2001, 2002).
- ‘Yotes Notes: Max Domi still a core piece of Arizona’s future
- Check please: Phoenix Children’s Hospital grateful for $250,000 from Arizona Coyotes Foundation
- Roadrunners are Calder Cup contenders in Year 2 of existence
- Coyotes sign defenseman Jordan Gross to two-year deal
- Coyotes donate $250,000 to Phoenix Children’s Hospital