Clemson alum Jaron Brown now plays for the Arizona Cardinals.
But during Monday night’s national title game between his Tigers and Alabama, his college squad gave him quite the hat-tip of an honor — and a functional one for Clemson as it upset the undefeated Crimson Tide.
Behold, a picture of Brown in a Cardinals jersey as part of Clemson’s offensive play-call cards.
Apparently, Brown has been featured on the card all season.
Here’s the same card — complete with the devil emoji, rapper Tupac Shakur and the College GameDay logo — next to another card of the fire emoji, the Superman logo, Darth Vader and Fred Flintstone.
And if you’re asking what the heck the play-cards mean or how they’re employed, you will get no help from us.
Clemson was very liberally throwing signals and signs in the air. Apparently, Alabama never could figure them out either in the Tigers’ 35-31 victory.
- Report: Cardinals’ Tony Jefferson to hit free agent market
- ESPN Insider: Cardinals should sign Martellus Bennett as a free agent
- Arizona Sports 98.7 FM and Doug and Wolf present Newsmakers Week
- Former Arizona Cardinals receiver Michael Floyd pleads guilty in DUI case
- Cardinals GM Keim: Leaning toward Humphries at LT, ready for busy offseason