Arizona State University vice president for athletics Ray Anderson has been named the chairman of a new 13-member Division I Football Competition Committee, it was announced on Tuesday.
The committee has been formed to conduct research and provide counsel regarding the sport, and will report to the Division I Football Oversight Committee.
Anderson, who has been with Arizona State since Jan. 2014, previously worked in the NFL, most recently as the executive vice president of football operations for the league.
“This committee’s main purpose is to work to collect ideas and conduct appropriate research to continue to move the game forward,” Anderson said, according to NCAA.org. “Focusing on health and safety and continuing to ensure the sport is exciting to play and watch will also be critical in our work.”
The committee Anderson will be leading is made up of one student-athlete, three current head coaches, one faculty athletics representative and eight Division I athletics administrators, as well as other topical experts who will serve as ex-officio members.
- Sun Devils LBs coach Keith Patterson says he has no hurt feelings
- ASU announces fourth annual Sun Devil Caravan tour
- ASU basketball to play tournament in Las Vegas, showcase in Los Angeles
- PFF NFL mock draft has Cardinals drafting ASU kicker Zane Gonzalez in 3rd round
- Report: Cleveland State guard Rob Edwards to transfer to ASU