Tiger Woods has fallen to 12th in the world rankings, dropping out of the top 10 for the first time in 14 years.
He has not won a tournament since the Australian Masters 18 months ago. The last time Woods was ranked outside the top 10 was April 1997, before he won the Masters for the first of his 14 majors.
With that in mind, we here at ArizonaSports.com thought we’d take a look at what exactly the world looked like the last time Tiger wasn’t considered one of the ten best golfers in the world.
- Greg Norman was the World’s No. 1 golfer
- Bill Clinton was president
- NBA conference finals were Chicago vs Miami and Utah vs Houston.
- Top song: Candle in the wind, Elton John
- Top movie: Jurassic Park: The Lost World was released
- Steve Nash finished his rookie year in the NBA with the Phoenix Suns
- Barack Obama had just begun his first term as Illinois Senator just three months prior
- ASU lost in Rose Bowl
- Phoenix Suns starting center Marcin Gortat was 14-years-old
- Seinfeld was the top rated show on television
- The iPod was still four years away from being invented
- The iPhone was ten years away from being released to the public