Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Oscar Hernandez and second baseman Brandon Drury found a great way to kill time during batting practice on Sunday.
Ahead of the D-backs spring training game against the Chicago White Sox at Salt River Fields, Hernandez and Drury played catch with a young fan behind the left field fence. The team shared the video on social media, calling it “what #DbacksSpring is all about.”
The team shared the video as part of an invitation for fans to share their favorite D-backs spring memories, with some airing on the big screen at the game.
Hernandez, 23, hit 2-of-11 in four games for the Diamondbacks as a rookie last season. Prior to Sunday’s game, he was 5-of-12 with five RBI this spring.
Drury, 24, is entering his third season playing for the D-backs. Traditionally an outfielder, he’s played some second base during spring training. He’s batting .267 so far in spring.
- Horizon's Kody Huff more than a rising baseball star
- Campo Verde's Kanani Hiapo thrives on volleyball court, in the classroom
- Raymond S. Kellis sophomore Chase Weaver balances leadership roles in sports, church
- Westwood's Brianna Anderson makes big differences with little actions
- Marcos de Niza kicker Krysten Muir using football success to build up others
- Arcadia High School's Grant Loftin leads in lacrosse and beyond
- Williams Field High School junior Lindsay O'Driscoll finds time to help others
- Scottsdale Christian's Christina Clark has dreams, reality of helping others
- Golf, piloting and helping others are Brody Burnell's passions
- Teddy bear drive, speeches help Emery Miller inspire children to overcome adversity
- Martinez hits grand slam, Godley shuts down Cardinals in D-backs win
- This guy’s good: D-backs’ Martinez hits grand slam vs. Cardinals
- Report: D-backs show interest in Twins closer Brandon Kintzler
- D-backs players sing karaoke, try their hand at ‘Despacito’
- Hall: D-backs are ‘exploring’ market for bullpen help as trade deadline nears