Teen guitarist plays national anthem on guitar at New Jersey Devils game
Remember what you were doing on your 14th birthday?
Well, no matter what you were doing, Brandon “Taz” Niederauer has you beat, because he got to play the national anthem at Thursday night’s New Jersey Devils game on his 14th birthday.
We’ve seen excellent guitar renditions of the national anthems, most notably from Jimi Hendrix and more recently from Slash and Metallica, but it appears like Niederauer’s version compares well to them.
Niederauer wasn’t going to be nervous in front of a large crowd, as he was a member of School of Rock – The Musical on Broadway.
If it wasn’t obvious already, Taz has been playing guitar for most of his life and has played with artists such as Slash, Gregg Allman, Buddy Guy, Stevie Nicks, Dweezil Zappa and Lady Gaga, among others.
- ‘Yotes Notes: Reunion week for Coyotes at Gila River Arena
- Officially speaking, it’s Arizona Coyotes, not Phoenix
- The Golden Knights and Las Vegas are bonding through tragedy and triumph
- Coyotes lose to Vegas in home opener, hope for different result in rematch
- Antti Raanta ready to go for Coyotes’ home opener