Former Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter to sign with Bengals
Former Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter is the latest member of the Cardinals defense moving on according to multiple reports.
Arizona Sports 98.7‘s John Gambadoro reported last week that the Cardinals linebacker would not be returning to the team.
The Cardinals brought back veteran linebacker Karlos Dansby for his third stint with the team on a one-year, $2 million deal earlier in the month. Both players will effectively replace each other, with Dansby leaving the Bengals to join Arizona.
Minter joins a long list of contributors from the Cardinals defense signing with a different team this offseason. Calais Campbell, Tony Jefferson, Marcus Cooper, D.J. Swearinger and Alex Okafor all moved on along with Minter.
He was drafted by Arizona in the second round of the 2013 draft out of LSU. Minter became a mainstay of the defense the past two seasons, starting every game.
Minter expressed the desire to not only re-sign with the Cardinals at the end of the 2016 season but wanting to play the rest of his career in the Valley.
“I would love to be here, I would love to finish my career here,” Minter said on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM’s Arizona Sports Saturday show in January.
Minter racked up 223 total tackles, five sacks, four pass breakups and a forced fumble in his Arizona career.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Washington prepares to host Cardinals in Week 15
- Once again, change coming to the Arizona Cardinals offensive line
- Dealing Cards: Injuries rise, Barnes picks football over homeschooling kids
- Robert Griffin III says he turned down a contract offer from Cardinals
- The Consensus Week 15: Cardinals climb after win over Titans