It’s a debate that’s as old as time itself.
Chicago deep dish or New York style pizza?
Two minor-league baseball teams have come up with their own way of solving the debate.
The Brooklyn Cyclones, short season affiliate for the New York Mets, and Myrtle Beach Pelicans, Single-A affiliate for the Chicago Cubs, will be changing their names to the Slices and Deep Dishers, respectively, for their games on Aug. 4 for what has been dubbed the “Battle for Pizza Supremacy.”
The Slices will face off against the Tri-City Valley Cats, while the Deep Dishers will play the Salem Red Sox.
The first 2,000 fans at Brooklyn’s game will receive a Slices “Pizza Delivery Cap” to show their support for the city’s thin-crust style.
The two teams will have competitions between players, front office members and fans to determine the “Pizza Capital of the World.”
- Sedona Red Recap: Bullpen falters as D-backs drop series to Cubs
- Sedona Red Recap: Peralta hits inside-the-parker in D-backs’ win over Cubs
- Sedona Red Recap: D-backs fall as Cubs bats strike early and often
- With three homers, Goldschmidt helps D-backs win series over Cubs
- D-backs’ Paul Goldschmidt smashes three homers in wild win over Cubs