Report: Cardinals have private workout with Florida cornerback Teez Tabor
Although the team signed veteran Antoine Bethea to play safety, there is still a hole at cornerback opposite Patrick Peterson.
This is why the team has interest in University of Florida Gators cornerback Teez Tabor (born Jalen), according to NBC Sports NFL Draft writer Josh Norris.
Tabor left Gainesville as a junior after receiving third-team All-American honors last season. He intercepted four passes in both his sophomore and junior seasons with the Gators.
He measured in at 6-feet, 199 pounds and ran a 4.62 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine.
The young cornerback is ranked as the second-best at his position and 11th-best overall player in the draft by ESPN’s Todd McShay.
The Cardinals could use reinforcements in the secondary, as the cornerbacks behind Peterson include veteran Justin Bethel, 2016 third-round pick Brandon Williams and 2016 sixth-round pick Harlan Miller, none of whom has proven themselves up to this point in their careers.
- 2017 Cardinals Karlos Dansby, Blaine Gabbert make free agent visits
- Chiefs sign DT Xavier Williams after Cardinals decline to match
- Report: Cardinals, others propose limit on early NFL start times
- Mathieu ready to take next step after Cardinals, Peterson
- Is there anything left on the WR free agent market for the Cardinals?