Rice transfer Marcus Evans to choose between Arizona, VCU and Miami
Rice guard Marcus Evans lists Arizona among the three schools he’s considering as a transfer destination.
The sophomore also lists VCU and Miami as potential landing spots. He will have two years of eligibility remaining after he sits out next season due to transfer rules.
Evans confirmed earlier reports of his finalists with a tweet on Thursday evening.
The 6-foot-2, 195-pound Evans averaged 19 points, 3.3 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game for the Owls in 2016-17. He saw his overall shooting dip from 47 percent his freshman year to 43 percent last season, but his three-point shooting improved from 31 percent to 37 percent.
Evans, who was only a 2-star prospect out of Virginia Beach, Va., two years ago, is considered one of the best non-graduate transfers on the market.
- Arizona’s Khalil Tate wins Pac-12 Player of the Week after UCLA win
- Arizona football preview: Tate and the Wildcats face Rosen and the Bruins
- Arizona head coach Sean Miller issues support for FBI NCAA investigation
- Pac-12 announces task force seeking answers in college sports
- Arizona picked by media to win Pac-12 hoops; ASU sixth