It feels like every new team logo or jersey reveal brings out the critics.
To be fair, creating a unique color scheme and a new design, and doing so when every other team’s mascot is a type of cat, dog or bird makes these things difficult.
Still, the Minnesota Timberwolves’ new logo revealed on Tuesday too easily looked like a mashup of the Seattle Sounders’ color palette and the Arizona Coyotes’ howling ‘Yote logo.
The T-Wolves introduced the new look with a new motto: “New era. New look.”
The Coyotes didn’t seem overly offended. Well, we don’t think so.
They took the logo drop with a sense of humor, tweeting at the T-Wolves on Wednesday with a little altered text: “New era. Same look.”
And as would be expected, the internet had some fun with the realization that both Wolves and Coyotes tend to howl with their heads held high.
- Coyotes sign former player Craig Cunningham as pro scout
- ‘Yotes Notes: Dylan Strome’s record-setting night and Steve Sullivan’s Preds pride
- Coyotes prospect Dylan Strome sets Memorial Cup record with 7 points
- Coyotes assistant GM Steve Sullivan to remain heavily involved in player development
- The 5: Best single-game performances in Arizona sports history