Oregon guard, Corona Del Sol product Casey Benson announces transfer to GCU
Former Oregon and Corona Del Sol guard Casey Benson announced on Twitter that he will be transferring to Grand Canyon.
Benson is leaving the Ducks as a graduate transfer, making him eligible for the 2017-18 season. It was reported that Benson was expected to transfer to GCU in mid-April.
Benson’s brother, T.J. Benson is an assistant coach for the Antelopes. Benson will likely replace graduating point guard DeWayne Russell in the starting lineup, who led GCU by averaging 21.2 points and 5.4 assists per game last season.
For Oregon this season, Benson averaged 3.5 points, 1.9 rebounds and two assists per game in 19.6 minutes per game after playing 28.7 minutes per game in his sophomore season. He was replaced by freshman Payton Pritchard in the starting lineup in Oregon’s Final Four season.
- Grand Canyon downed by undefeated Liberty in Jerry Colangelo Classic
- Grand Canyon edges Mount St. Mary’s in overtime for win
- ASU has on-paper advantage, but anything is possible in Territorial Cup
- Fading ASU can ruin College Football Playoff chances for No. 6 Oregon
- Arizona State looks to dash Oregon’s CFP hopes in primetime matchup