Suns fans felt a familiar pain after the 2017 NBA Draft Lottery
By the odds, the Phoenix Suns had the best chance of landing the fourth overall pick in the NBA Draft Lottery despite owning the second-worst record in the league in 2016-17.
That’s just where they landed, leaving their fans with that familiar feeling of missing on the first overall selection and also leaving the team without ever owning the top pick in its half-century-long history.
Some people, however, calmed down, realizing that this draft could produce a pretty darn talented player even with the fourth overall pick.
Of course, it’s easier to accept the Suns’ fate when we all realize that the lottery is fixed. The Celtics picking first, Lakers having second and the Sixers selecting third sure sounds like a conspiracy.
- Suns announce $1 million grant to build, refurbish 50 basketball courts
- Suns’ Jared Dudley reflects on current role with Suns on ‘The Woj Pod’
- Empire of the Suns Mailbag: Booker’s next step, Doncic’s fit, 2018 draft
- Suns sign second-round draft pick Alec Peters
- Phoenix Suns release ‘statement’ black alternate jersey for new season