By the odds, the Phoenix Suns had the best chance of landing the fourth overall pick in the NBA Draft Lottery despite owning the second-worst record in the league in 2016-17.
That’s just where they landed, leaving their fans with that familiar feeling of missing on the first overall selection and also leaving the team without ever owning the top pick in its half-century-long history.
Some people, however, calmed down, realizing that this draft could produce a pretty darn talented player even with the fourth overall pick.
Of course, it’s easier to accept the Suns’ fate when we all realize that the lottery is fixed. The Celtics picking first, Lakers having second and the Sixers selecting third sure sounds like a conspiracy.
- Suns NBA Draft notebook: Hart, Motley and Kuzma intriguing in deep second round
- Offensive thought: Lauri Markkanen, Malik Monk could be NBA Draft sleepers for Suns
- Arizona Sports’ 2017 NBA Mock Draft Tracker
- Will Josh Jackson fall to the Suns in the 2017 NBA Draft? A 76ers beat writer isn’t so sure
- Eric Bledsoe among the NBA’s most wanted summer trade targets