By the odds, the Phoenix Suns had the best chance of landing the fourth overall pick in the NBA Draft Lottery despite owning the second-worst record in the league in 2016-17.
That’s just where they landed, leaving their fans with that familiar feeling of missing on the first overall selection and also leaving the team without ever owning the top pick in its half-century-long history.
Some people, however, calmed down, realizing that this draft could produce a pretty darn talented player even with the fourth overall pick.
Of course, it’s easier to accept the Suns’ fate when we all realize that the lottery is fixed. The Celtics picking first, Lakers having second and the Sixers selecting third sure sounds like a conspiracy.
- ESPN’s Pelton: Suns ‘might be best option’ for potential Kyrie Irving trade
- ESPN’s Pelton: Suns adding Jones may open door for future LeBron meeting
- Devin Booker reacts to his overall rating on NBA 2K18
- Suns rookie Josh Jackson draws high praise from a league scout
- Retired James Jones joins Suns prepped for VP of basketball ops job