Marshawn Lynch offers free haircuts to kids in Oakland
Marshawn Lynch is offering free haircuts to Oakland k-12 students with good grades.
The haircuts are offered at Lynch’s Beast Mode store in downtown Oakland. Usually a home to Lynch’s retail apparel, it acts as a barber shop on Wednesdays.
USA Today columnist Jarrett Bell tweeted out a photo of a sign that promotes the free haircuts.
According to Larrybrownsports.com, kids with a GPA over 3.00 qualify.
The foundation was started by Lynch and former 49ers quarterback Joshua Johnson, and it aims at mentoring children to show them the importance of education, literacy and self-esteem.
Lynch recently signed to play for his hometown Oakland Raiders after taking a year off in 2016.
- ‘Black Monday’ in the NFL: Numerous coaches fired, one now retired
- Cardinals’ Drew Stanton refutes claim that he played through torn ACL
- Big Red Recap: Cardinals beat Seahawks in 2017 finale
- After Cardinals win, Bruce Arians says he’ll decide on future in next 48 hours
- Chandler Jones sets Cardinals single season sack record vs. Seahawks