Marshawn Lynch offers free haircuts to kids in Oakland
Marshawn Lynch is offering free haircuts to Oakland k-12 students with good grades.
The haircuts are offered at Lynch’s Beast Mode store in downtown Oakland. Usually a home to Lynch’s retail apparel, it acts as a barber shop on Wednesdays.
USA Today columnist Jarrett Bell tweeted out a photo of a sign that promotes the free haircuts.
According to Larrybrownsports.com, kids with a GPA over 3.00 qualify.
The foundation was started by Lynch and former 49ers quarterback Joshua Johnson, and it aims at mentoring children to show them the importance of education, literacy and self-esteem.
Lynch recently signed to play for his hometown Oakland Raiders after taking a year off in 2016.
- Cardinals free agent Jaron Brown agrees to one-year deal with Seattle
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign linebacker Josh Bynes
- Seattle Seahawks to release cornerback Richard Sherman
- Former Arizona Cardinal Sam McGuffie competing in Olympics
- Schefter: Raiders interviewed Arizona’s Kevin Sumlin for OC position