Paul Bissonnette to join Coyotes radio broadcast team
Former Coyotes forward Paul Bissonnette was a fan favorite for Arizona, and he’ll now be joining play-by-play voice Bob Heethuis in the radio broadcast booth, per Arizona Sports’ own Craig Morgan.
The man they call “BizNasty” was with the Coyotes for five seasons from 2009 to 2014, scoring a whopping seven goals with 14 assists. Known for his physical play and frequent fighting, Bissonnette tallied 318 penalty minutes in 187 NHL games over six seasons.
One of those bouts was this classic between Bissonnette and the Flyers’ Zac Rinaldo:
The 32-year-old finished his career last season in the Los Angeles Kings organization with their AHL affiliate, the Ontario Reign.
Bissonnette also has one of the largest Twitter followings in the NHL, undoubtedly thanks in part to his quick wit and jovial charisma.
He has also been the subject of some hilarious antics on YouTube:
The Ontario native replaces Nick Boynton as the radio broadcasting color commentator, who confirmed his departure from the broadcast booth via Twitter.
- Arizona Coyotes re-sign defenseman Ilya Lyubushkin to 1-year deal
- Arizona Coyotes 2019 summer preview: Attempting to build on progress
- Arizona Coyotes announce 2019 preseason schedule
- Coyotes to hold prospect development camp at Gila River Arena
- Businessman Alex Meruelo ‘interested’ in purchasing Arizona Coyotes