Trevor Story takes a tumble swinging at a Taijuan Walker fastball
Taijuan Walker was dealing early in the Arizona Diamondbacks’ Sunday outing against the Colorado Rockies.
Facing Trevor Story in the second inning, Walker attacked with a cutter and a low fastball to get ahead in the count, 0-2, before he went to a high 95-mph fastball on his third pitch.
Not only did Story miss the ball completely — he swung at the pitch so hard that he took a tumble on the follow-through only to somersault to his feet.
Props to Story for playing it cool.
On the other hand, maybe don’t put all of your weight into a swing if the ball is a half-foot above the strike zone. The strike zone exists for a reason.
- Paul Goldschmidt gets start as DH in 2018 MLB All-Star Game
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Christian Walker heating up in Reno
- Greinke again rules on road as Diamondbacks shut out Braves
- Nick Ahmed breaks tie in 7th as Diamondbacks top Braves
- ESPN’s Doolittle: D-backs among top teams in need of Manny Machado