Trevor Story takes a tumble swinging at a Taijuan Walker fastball
Taijuan Walker was dealing early in the Arizona Diamondbacks’ Sunday outing against the Colorado Rockies.
Facing Trevor Story in the second inning, Walker attacked with a cutter and a low fastball to get ahead in the count, 0-2, before he went to a high 95-mph fastball on his third pitch.
Not only did Story miss the ball completely — he swung at the pitch so hard that he took a tumble on the follow-through only to somersault to his feet.
Props to Story for playing it cool.
On the other hand, maybe don’t put all of your weight into a swing if the ball is a half-foot above the strike zone. The strike zone exists for a reason.
- Diamondbacks add left-hander Jared Miller to 40-man roster
- D-backs, MLB teams release New Era 2018 spring training hats
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history
- D-backs’ Goldschmidt finishes third in NL MVP voting, Marlins’ Stanton wins
- J.D. Martinez’s agent keeps making hilarious metaphors