Potential new Phoenix Suns jersey reaches the internet
The Phoenix Suns changed their uniforms up in time for the 2013-14 season, with the base set being supplemented by a variety of alternate threads since then.
Now, it appears another new look may be coming to the team.
As reported by the venerable logo and uniform site SportsLogos.net, the NBA switching from Adidas to Nike as its jersey producer means every team will be changing up their look.
A new purple Suns jersey was leaked and originally posted on a Chinese social media platform.
Nike announced it is no longer working with traditional home and road jerseys.
Instead, most teams will have four jersey options: Association (classic white), Icon (team color), athlete mindset and community (locally inspired). Eight teams will have “classic” kits.
The jerseys will be made of out recycled material and — of course — are lighter than the Adidas version the NBA is leaving behind.
If indeed accurate, the jersey represents a pretty stark change from what the team wears now, as the sun-burst streaks that run across the front would be gone and instead there would be larger font and a different trim.
It would also seem to line up with the 50th anniversary logo the team unveiled on draft night.
Of course, we don’t know whether or not the Suns will actually wear this, but for now it appears as though the potential does exist.
- Suns’ improved ball movement leads to 32 assists, win over Bulls
- EOTS’ college tipoff NBA Draft Big Board, Part III: Doncic, bigs on top
- Len’s double-double, Booker’s 22 in first half lift Suns to win over Lakers
- EOTS’ college tipoff NBA Draft Big Board, Part II: Potential No. 1 picks
- The 5: Most thrilling debut seasons in Valley sports history